An all-black take on the third and final chapter in our trilogy of collaborations with UNIMATIC. U1-MLBN is available exclusively to our family and friends of Massena LAB who have supported us along the way.
The UNIMATIC x Massena LAB U1-MLBN is a friends and family exclusive version of the U1-MLB, our third and final watch in a trilogy of three collaborations with UNIMATIC following the release of both ML6 and MLM in 2020.
ML6, with its red triangle on the bezel and its tropical dial was born from a question: "what would a UNIMATIC watch from the 1950s look like today?” MLM, with its blue dial and bezel, was inspired by the dive watches issued to the French Navy in the 1960s.
MLB “Bund” represents a final evolution and is inspired by the dive watches of the 1970s, particularly the cult Blancpain “Bund”, which was issued to the West Germany’s Bundeswehr Kampfschwimmers, a group of elite special forces of the West German Navy.
MLB features an all black dial, with a black on black “ghost" signature to maximize the legibility of its ivory Super-LumiNova indices. Like the “Bund” of the 1970s, the dial of the MLB is characterized by a large, distinctly orange minute hand to differentiate it from the hour hand, both of which are luminous.
The rotating bezel of the MLB features a single, large plot of Super-LumiNova at 12 o’clock, which is referred to as a “sterile bezel”.
MLBN, available only to our family and friends, is an all-black take on the MLB and features a matte black DLC-plated stainless steel case, an all-black DLC-plated bezel, and a matching black TPU strap.
On its case back, MLBN is engraved with a submarine sonar motif, along with its limited-edition number. MLBN is delivered with two straps: one in black and another in burnt orange, both made in Italy from TPU and signed UNIMATIC.
MLBN is a limited-edition of 80 pieces exclusive only to our family and friends.
Limit of one watch per household.
Limited-edition of 80 pieces
Inspired by the 3H "Bund" dive watch issued to the West German Bundeswehr Kampfschwimmers of the 1970s
Exclusive black DLC-plated case, orange minute hand, black on black "ghost" signature, and "sterile" bezel
• Reference NH35 manufactured by Seiko Corporation
• Diameter: 27.4mm, height: 5.2mm, 24 jewels
• Power reserve of 41 hours
• Automatic with bi-directional rotor and 41h power reserve
• Accurate to -20/+40 seconds per day
• Hacking feature
• Manufactured by UNIMATIC in Italy
• Limited edition of 80, each individually numbered
• UNIMATIC tough case, warranty card with unique ID seal, and a two-year warranty
• Black with white markings
• Ivory Super-LumiNova on hours and hands
• Prominent orange minute hand
• "Ghost" black on black signature
• Diameter: 41.5mm, height: 13.6mm
• Stainless steel case with aluminum bezel insert and DLC plating
• Double-domed, anti-glare sapphire crystal
• Double crown seal
• Water-resistant to 300 meters
• Delivered with both a black and burnt orange strap in double-faced TPU with a matching DLC buckle.
• Stainless steel case back engraved with a submarine radar motif
• Limited-edition number