"Time is the heartbeat of the universe."
― Khalid Masoon Khan
Angelus Chronographe Médical x Massena LAB - Deposit
We are proud to introduce the Angelus Chronographe x Massena LAB, monopusher chronograph with pulsometer and asthmometer scales.
The legendary origin of the Angelus Chronographe x Massena LAB dates to the 1960s, when Angelus launched their first doctor’s watch: a manual-wound, monopusher chronograph featuring a unique dial.
The Angelus Chronographe x Massena LAB is a limited re-edition of the highly-collectible original, which has been revised and re-edited for the modern-day collector.
The Angelus Chronographe x Massena LAB is powered by the Angelus caliber A5000, first developed by THA Ébauche, a collaborative manufacture of watch movements founded by some of the best-known names in independent watchmaking today, including François-Paul Journe, Denis Flageollet, and Vianney Halter. Importantly, departing from the THA movement, the Angelus A5000 moves the chronograph pusher from the crown to two o’clock.
The case of the Angelus Chronographe x Massena LAB, in stainless steel, measures 39mm, a slight increase from the smaller, vintage version.
The Angelus Chronographe x Massena LAB is limited to 99 pieces. Delivery is to be confirmed on a first-come, first-served basis, with the first delivery of approximately thirty watches to deliver at the end of April 2023. The remaining watches will be shipped in batches of ten, beginning in May 2023.
The Angelus Chronographe x Massena LAB is priced at US $19,900. Orders can be confirmed by a deposit payment of US $5,000. Clients who choose to make full prepayment will be guaranteed to receive their watch with our first batch of deliveries.
When your watch is ready to ship, you will be contacted with a balance invoice. Any applicable taxes and/or shipping fee will also be due with the balance invoice.
Limit of one watch per household.
To measure heartbeats per minute, activate the chronograph and count to ten heartbeats. Stop the chronograph. The chronograph hand will then point to the correct reading along the pulsometer scale. The scale is color coded: green showing a positive reading, black being neutral, while red indicating a negative outcome.
To calculate breaths per minute, the asthmometer scale works in much the same way as the pulsometer scale. Activate the chronograph, count to five breaths, and stop the chronograph to locate the reading. This scale is red to distinguish it from the minutes track.
• Angelus caliber A5000, hand-wound.
• Diameter: 29.4mm Height: 4.2mm.
• Monopusher chronograph with small seconds, pulsometer scale, and asthmometer scale.
• Hours, minutes, small seconds, and chronograph.
• 21,600 vph (3 Hz) with 42 hours of power reserve.
• 23 jewels.
• Côtes de Genève finishing on chamfered bridges. Circularly-grained mainplate. Circularly grained, 2N gold wheels. Polished screws.
• Limited Edition of 99 pieces.
• Manufactured by Angelus in Switzerland.
• Domed, silver opaline dial with medical scales in black, green, and red.
• Rhodium-plated Dauphine hands with Super-LumiNova plots.
• Rhodium-finished, applied indexes and numerals.
• Hour markers in green-emitting Super-LumiNova.
• Diameter 39mm, thickness: 9.2mm.
• 316L stainless steel.
• Water-resistant to 30 meters.
• Exhibition caseback with sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
• Individually numbered.
• Bracelet in golden brown Novonappa® calfskin, with hand-stitched ecru stitching. Stainless steel pin buckle.
• Two year guarantee.