A tribute to one of the most enigmatic chronographs of the mid-century.
If you have arrived at this page, then you are a friend of Massena LAB, and we are proud to share with you the results of our latest experiment. A private release, and a passion project, our newest project reflects our admiration of vintage watches, especially those from the midcentury.
The Massena LAB Geometer is a reincarnation of a little-known, vintage chronograph, the Rodania Geometer, which has long been considered something of a grail watch for a niche of vintage watch enthusiasts and collectors. Notoriously difficult to find, and even more so to acquire, vintage examples can fetch prices in the high double digits at auction, making the watch all the more inaccessible to a larger audience.
The original Rodania Geometer reference, while closely resembling another famous Swiss chronograph, dates to 1954, three full years before the release of its doppelgänger, the Omega Speedmaster®.
Little else is known about the genesis of the watch, and while the company exists to this day, journalistic outreach to Rodania has not proved fruitful as the company has seemingly not responded for comment. Like many other Swiss manufactures (and in this case, Belgian) its ownership has changed hands over the years, and sadly, the company no longer resembles its former self.
The Massena LAB Geometer is a vintage-styled chronograph with a tropical dial, distinctively wide and sharp hour and minute hands, three registers, and cream lume on its hands and hour indicators. The Geometer is fitted inside a 39mm polished stainless steel case with brushed lugs for visual interest.
Its three sunken subdials, which are radially grooved, include a thirty-minute counter at 3 o’clock, twelve-hour counter at 6, and small seconds counter at 9.
The Geometer uses a domed, acrylic crystal, with the addition of an engraved and stylized “M” at its center. This small, but important, detail, while difficult to manufacture, is a meaningful nod to the original, and now vintage, models.
We are releasing the Massena LAB Geometer as a time-limited edition, available for purchase until March 30, 2022, by invitation only, with a maximum quantity of 99 pieces to be produced. Delivery is expected in September 2022.
Free express worldwide shipping.
Chronograph with a tropical dial and three registers.
Case polished and brushed with vintage techniques.
Dome acrylic crystal with engraved logo at center.
Diameter: 39mm, thickness: 9mm.
• SW510 BH M Elaboré hand-wound movement 23 jewels.
• Diameter: 30mm. Height: 7mm.
• Center-mounted hour hand, minute hand and chronograph second hand, small seconds at 9 o'clock, 12 hour counter at 6, and 30 minute counter at 3.
• 28,800 half oscillations per hour (4Hz). Power reserve of 58 hours.
• Élaboré escapement, regulated to chronometer standard.
• Unique Massena LAB gilt signature on bridge.
• Stop second device.
• 260 parts.
• Available to pre-order until March 30, or until sold out.
• Limited to a maximum of 99 pieces.
• Delivery expected in September 2022.
• Diameter: 39mm, Height: 9mm.
• Dome acrylic crystal 4mm.
• 316L Stainless steel case.
• Dome acrylic crystal with anti-scratch resistance treatment and engraved logo at center by Kyburz Cie.
• Water-resistant to 5 bars (50 meters).
• Italian leather strap with signature tang buckle.
• Stainless steel circular grained case back with inside signature.
• Individually numbered.
• 2 year guarantee