A unique watch marking the collaboration between four partners and friends: Habring², J.N. Shapiro, the Horological Society of New York, and Massena LAB.
Introducing the Massena LAB x Habring² ERWIN LAB03, featuring a bronze, engine-turned dial by J.N. Shapiro and, for the first time ever, official Chronometer Certification from the Horological Society of New York.
The dial of the LAB03 was designed by William Massena and hand-crafted by Jo
The LAB03 is offered at $9495 USD and can be confirmed with a deposit payment of $3000 USD.
• Shipping starts in late January 2022.
• Watches will ship in batches of five per month on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Prior to shipping, a balance payment of $6495 USD will be due, along with a shipping fee ($45 for customers within the United States and $85 for customers in other countries). If shipping within New York State, NYS tax will also be due.
Details Habring² ERWIN LAB03, ref. E-LAB03
Joshua Shapiro is a self-taught California-based watchmaker and guillocheur whose interest in engine-turning began in 2013 after reading George Daniels’ Watchmaking. After finding success following the production of a number of dials to the watchmaker David Walter, in 2016, he founded his own brand, J.N. Shapiro in 2018.
Joshua Shapiro is based in Los Angeles and has lectured at the Horological Society of New York.
The Horological Society of New York was founded in 1866 and is one of the oldest continuously operating horological associations in the world, as well as America’s first watchmaking guild.
The HSNY, based in Manhattan, regularly hosts guest lecturers and provides classes and workshops as part of its mission to make horological education accessible and enjoyable to the greater public.
• Manufacture in-house caliber A11s mechanical hand-wound movement, plated first with a layer of rhodium, followed by a second layer of 5N rose gold
• Diameter: 30mm Height: 5.7mm
• Center-mounted hour hand, minute hand, and jumping second hand
• 28,800 half oscillations per hour (4Hz) with 48 hours of power reserve
• Amagnetic escapement with a Carl Haas balance spring in chronometer quality
• Elaborately refined by hand with polished edges, decorative grinding perlage, etc.
• 65 service-relevant individual parts (126 parts in total)
• Manufactured by the Habring² atelier in Austria
• Presented in a handmade Douglas fir box with papers, spare parts, and official certificate of chronometry by the Horological Society of New York
• Limited edition of 66 (to recall the year of the founding of the HSNY, 1866), each individually numbered
• Delivery is limited to a maximum of 5 watches per month, beginning in late January 2022
• Basketweave guillochage by J.N. Shapiro using eighty-year-old straight-line rose engine
• Outer ring grained with rare Water of Ayr stone
• Natural bronze tone shifts from salmon to rose depending on light, lacquered to prevent patination and discoloration
• Markings in deep, midnight blue provide excellent legibility
• Signed Habring² and “Dial by J.N. Shapiro”
• Diameter: 38.5mm, Height: 10.5mm
• Stainless steel with step bezel
• Flat sapphire glass coated with anti-glare on both sides
• Double crown seal
• Water-resistant to 5 bar (50 meters)
• Italian-made, deerskin leather strap with steel tang buckle
• 2 year guarantee