“No poem is intended for the reader,
no picture for the beholder,
no symphony for the listener.”
— Walter Benjamin
Magraph by Massena LAB and Raúl Pagès - Deposit
Important update: All deliveries for December, January, and February have been allocated. We are now taking deposits for deliveries beginning in March 2023.
We are proud to present the Magraph by Massena LAB and Raúl Pagès, our first collaboration with Raúl Pagès, and his first ever with another brand.
The release of the Magraph marks the beginning of a new chapter for Massena LAB. The Magraph features, for the first time ever, a Massena LAB proprietary movement: the M660, designed by Raúl Pagès in Switzerland
The M660 is a manual-winding, 4Hz movement, with a power reserve of 60 hours, and 21 jewels. The M660 features a handsome, broad plate with Côtes de Genève finishing and hand-chamfered anglage on its plates and bridges, all of which is visible through its exhibition caseback. Tucked under its balance wheel is the hidden mark of Raúl Pagès: "La tortue," or tortoise. Surrounding this stamped signature, or poinçon Pagès, are overlapping decorative circles or perlage. This degree of movement finishing demonstrates a level of artistry and skill that is more akin to a luxury timepiece three times its price.
The dial of the Magraph is inspired by Bauhaus art and design of the 1930s, which favors simple geometric shapes against elaborate ornamentation. The watch is minimal, precise, but expressive. The dial is a subtle off-white, with a rhodium-plated and circularly-rained outermost sector ring. The dial is then intersected with a radially grooved small-seconds subsidiary dial at 6 o'clock.
The case of the Magraph is inspired by dress watches of the 1930s and 40s and is made of 316L stainless, measuring 38.5mm. Happily, the case features an exhibition case back, allowing the M660 to be admired through a layer of non-reflective, Sapphire crystal.
Paired with the Magraph is a strap made from rubber-lined, sustainable sturgeon skin designed exclusively for Massena LAB by Jean Rousseau Paris in a deep indigo color with turquoise accents.
The Magraph by Massena LAB and Raúl Pagès is limited to 99 pieces, with delivery to be confirmed on a case-by-case basis with first deliveries starting in December 2022. Deliveries will then be made at a pace of approximately fifteen to twenty watches per month.
Limit of one watch per household.
Price: $8,675 USD. Deposit of $2000 taken to confirm orders for delivery starting in March 2023.
Raúl Pagès is an independent Swiss watchmaker based in Les Brenets, Switzerland and a member of the Académie Horlogère des Créateurs Indépendants (AHCI).
Before working on the Magraph, Pagès is best-known for his "Tortue" automaton, a pièce unique made from over 352 handmade components; "Soberly Onyx", a limited-series of ten timepieces released in 2016; and, most recently, his "Régulateur à détente RP1."
“For me, the idea of doing a collaboration, my first ever, was an exciting and rewarding challenge. I am proud to have worked with Massena LAB on the design of the new caliber M660 and the Magraph, and I am excited to finally share it with the public.”
WATCH STRAPS BY JEAN ROUSSEAU PARIS
• Manual-winding, Massena LAB proprietary caliber M660. Designed by Massena LAB in collaboration with Raúl Pagès.
• Made in Switzerland.
• Indication of hours, minutes, and seconds.
• 28,800 half oscillations per hour (4Hz) with 60 hours of power reserve.
• 21 jewels.
• Adjusted to heat, cold, isochronism and five (5) positions.
• Hand-finished anglage (hand-chamfered edges) on bridges and plates. Broad plate design with Côtes de Genève (Geneva stripes), and decorative perlage.
• Exhibition case back.
• Limited to 99 pieces.
• Delivery window to be confirmed on a first-come, first-served basis, starting in December 2022, at a pace of approximately fifteen to twenty watches per month.
• Delivered with a deerskin leather pouch, instruction guide, and Massena-LAB NFC card.
• Inspired by Bauhaus art and architecture from the 1930s.
• Subtle, off-white dial with rhodium-plated and circularly-grained outermost sector ring.
• Radially-grooved subsidiary dial for small seconds and 6 o'clock.
• Blued-steel hands.
• Diameter of 38.5mm, thickness: 10mm.
• Inspired by watches of the 1940s and 50s.
• 316L stainless steel.
• Water-resistant to 5 ATM.
• Individually numbered.
• Exclusive strap design from Jean Rousseau Paris for Massena LAB: sustainable sturgeon skin leather straps with rubber lining. Deep blue indigo with turquoise accents. Watch also to be delivered with a second strap, in black calfskin.
• Two-year guarantee.