Massena LAB x Revolution Uni-Racer 1949
We are excited to announce our latest project, and our first with Revolution Magazine: the Massena LAB x Revolution Uni-Racer 1949.
This collaboration was born of a friendship— that between William Massena and Wei Koh, founder of Revolution—and of their mutual appreciation of vintage watches, especially stainless steel chronographs from the mid-century. Vintage-enthusiasts and connoisseurs will observe that the dial of the Massena LAB x Revolution Uni-Racer 1949 is inspired by one such watch: a completely unobtainable pièce unique dating to 1949.
The Uni-Racer 1949 is a Swiss-made chronograph with a glossy, black dial, vintage styling, and an eye-catching sector track with Roman numerals in raised Super-LumiNova. The color of the lume was developed specifically for this dial, and while it is an exact color match to the vintage model, its glow is far brighter. The hour and minute hands are blued steel and also luminous, while the chronograph hand and subdial hands are white, matching the dial’s indices and tachymeter.
Inside the Uni-Racer 1949 is the Swiss-made, hand-wound Sellita caliber SW510 M Elaboré, with 58 hours of power reserve, and a 4Hz vibrational rate.
The stainless steel case has a diameter of 39mm, and a thickness of 13mm, including its crystal. The anti-scratch acrylic crystal is produced in Switzerland by Kyburz et Cie and is faithful to the vintage styling of the Uni-Racer 1949. On its closed case back: the M LAB signature is engraved within Revolution’s star logo. Each watch is engraved “One of 120”.
The watch will be available for purchase on Friday, July 28 at 10:00am EDT / 10:00pm SGT exclusively at www.revolutionwatch.com. The Massena LAB x Revolution Uni-Racer 1949 will be priced at US $3,750 and is a limited-edition of 120 pieces.
• Sellita SW510 BH M Elaboré hand-wound movement. 23 jewels.
• Diameter: 30mm Height: 7mm.
• Center-mounted hour hand, minute hand and chronograph second hand, small seconds at 9 and thirty-minute counter at 3.
• 28,880 half oscillations per hour (4Hz). 58 hours of power reserve.
• Élaboré escapement, regulated to chronometer standard.
• Unique Massena LAB gilt signature on bridge.
• Stop second device.
• 260 parts.
• Limited to 120 pieces.
• Made in Switzerland.
• Glossy black dial.
• Unique, color-matched Super-LumiNova developed specifically for this dial.
• Blued steel, luminous, syringe-style hour and minute hands.
• White indices, tachymeter, and chronograph hands.
• Diameter: 39mm. Height: 9mm.
• Dome acrylic crystal 4mm.
• 316L Stainless steel case. Dome acrylic crystal with anti-scratch resistance treatment with engraved logo at center by Kyburz Cie
• Water-resistant to 50m. Italian-made leather strap with signature tang buckle.
• Stainless steel case back with circular graining.
• Engraved with "1 of 120" and serial number.
• Two year guarantee.