"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like.
Design is how it works."
— Steve Jobs
Massena LAB is proud to announce our latest collaboration, and an entirely new model from UNIMATIC, the Modello Cinque U5S-ML, which, for the first time for UNIMATIC features a 36mm case.
This smaller case size places the watch firmly in the midsize and unisex categories, allowing for the watch to be enjoyed by a wide audience of collectors while complimenting a wide range of wrist sizes.
Giovanni Moro, UNIMATIC co-founder and co-designer, explains:
“The newly designed Modello Cinque, the first UNIMATIC watch to measure 36mm, incorporates all of what we like best about smaller diameter watches. The case features a large dial opening with an angled rehaut; which, when combined with oversized crown and curved lugs, creates a case profile that is both comfortable and flattering to a variety of wrist sizes. Many other subtle design details combine to produce a balanced and nuanced watch, which aims to blend in rather than stand out.”
The dial of the U5S-ML is inspired by German mid-century industrial design, especially the work of Dieter Rams, as well as vintage Bavarian automobile dashboards dating to the 1960s and 70s. The Modello Cinque U5S-ML's clean lines and minimalist dial can be appreciated by anyone who values good design and practicality. The sleek dial, which features simple and elegant, glossy white markers set against a matte black surface, can be dressed up or dressed down according to taste.
The overall design aesthetic perfectly matches its 36mm brushed stainless steel case, which feels simultaneously classic yet modern. Turning the watch over, the case back features a custom UNIMATIC x Massena LAB Fibonacci Sequence motif and is individually numbered out of 300.
The Modello Cinque U5S-ML is powered by the Swiss-made, self-winding Sellita SW200-1, with 26 jewels, a frequency of 28,800bph (4Hz), 41 hours of power reserve, and a hacking seconds hand.
Fitted with a black tapered TPU strap, the U5S-ML Limited Edition includes an alternate tapered TPU strap, in the same straw yellow tone which can be found on the tip of the dial’s second hand, for added versatility.
Each example is presented in a branded UNIMATIC x Massena LAB tough case with a warranty card and unique ID seal.Free shipping.
Debut of the Modello Cinque, and the first-ever 36mm case from UNIMATIC.
Limited edition of 300 pieces.
Inspired by German industrial design, like the work of Dieter Rams, as well as vintage German automobile dashboards dating to the 1960s and 70s.
• Self-winding, Sellita caliber SW200-1.
• Made in Switzerland.
• Power reserve of between 38 hours and 41 hours.
• 28,800 bph (4Hz) with 26 jewels.
• Accurate to +/- 12 seconds per day, up to +/- 30 seconds per day.
• Limited-edition of 300, individually numbered.
• Manufactured by UNIMATIC in Italy.
• UNIMATIC tough case, warranty card with unique ID seal, and a two-year warranty.
• Diameter: 36mm, thickness: 11.05mm.
• The first UNIMATIC watch in a 36mm case.
• Lug width of 22mm.
• 316L stainless steel (brushed)
• Double-domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
• 8mm, Screw-down crown
• Water-resistant to 300 meters
• Watch delivered with two strap options: black, tapered TPU or straw-yellow, tapered TPU. Stainless steel buckle.
• Stainless steel case back.
• Individually numbered out of 300.
• Fibonacci Sequence engraving.
• Matte black with glossy white second rail and dial trims.
• Glossy white, luminous (Super-LumiNova C1) hour, minute, and second hands.
• Date window at 6 o'clock.